Martin K & Associates Ltd helps migrants and new entrants to Australia who own small businesses tell their individual stories and showcase their expertise in their sector. We help these business owners write a book about their business. We promote and publicise their brand and business using their book to project them in the wider community.
We are affiliated with international business and consultancy organisation “You Everywhere Now”, a group that has been helping entrepreneurs and professionals write non-fiction books that make them instant celebrities.
Our collective group has helped scores of people to write award-winning and bestseller books that shot them to fame and made them the go-to experts in their fields and in their professional sectors.
A 2017 report by insurance agency CGU offers a deep insight into how important migrants and ethnic communities are contributing to Australia’s economic development. Sadly, many Australians rarely hear their unique stories, how and why these new arrivals turned to entreprenueurship in their new country.
Some of the findings:
- Migrants own and run a whopping one-third of small businesses in Australia.
- Almost 700,000 out of about 2.1 million registered small businesses in Australia are owned by migrants.
- In terms of workforce, those businesses employ 1.41 million Australians and their subsequent families.
- 83% of those owners, have never started/owned a business prior to migrating to Australia
- 51% of them have a college degree or higher (compared to non-migrant business owners (38%))
- 47% of them migrated to Australia for a better quality of life; 34% for family reasons and 32% in search of better career opportunities.
- 52% started the business to achieve financial independence.
- 16% started the business because they couldn’t get better employment
- 23% of them to bring innovative idea to life.
- 36% of them think their cultural background is an asset that helps their business (only 9% see it as a hindrance)